Friday, February 29, 2008

Stick a Fork in Me


Ok- I overdid it yesterday. I did a bunch more stuff before lying down to bed at 11:30. I read my book for 1/2 an hour then turned off the lights at 12:00. I started having contractions!! Not just the little tummy tightening Braxton Hicks, but the uterus squeezing, back pain kind! They were happening quickly and so I started to time them- every 5-6 minutes. I was freaked but, luckily, the doctor had already given me medication for this. I went downstairs and took some. The contractions subsided in about 30-40minutes. I fell asleep and when I woke up I was nauseous, shaky, and super tired from the meds. I feel like I have been hit by a bus. I can't imagine having to take this all the time (Lindsey!). I was useless to Conner this morning and sat on the couch with my eyes closed while he crawled all over me for 3 hours until I wasn't shaky any more. Now I'm just nauseous and wore out.

Man, could today be ANY more opposite than yesterday??? I'm off to take a nap...

5 Calling Birds:

peacekeeper said...

you are crazy woman. please be careful. you may think you are done but wyatt may have other plans. let that boy finish cooking. i hope you feel better tomorrow and remember this experience so you dont repeat it.

with love, r said...

but, but, but...I have so much to do!! JK!

Lindsey and Ben said...

I hope that you are feeling better today! I hope that you are not doing to much! You have a shower this week and that baby needs more time cooking!!!!!

Sunny said...

AHHH - take it easy! Wyatt can't come just yet. I hope you are feeling better!!!

Sarah said...

I'm glad that you had medication on hand to stop the contractions- that is so scary. Did you have that with Conner? Please take it easy and don't overdo it, though that is easier said than done!