Monday, February 25, 2008

Nursery at Church

Remember how I said that sometimes Conner is ok with me leaving him in nursery and sometimes he isn't? Well, yesterday he wasn't. He screamed really high and loud and reached his arms out for me as I handed him off to Moranda. I had tried the play with him for a while method and it seemed to have worked until I tried to sneak out...thus the emotional hand off.
Little did I know, he cried for like two seconds then she put him down and he went off to play.
When Josh and I picked him up at the end of our meetings the teachers all greeted us with an, "He's so enthusiastic and happy!!" I guess the teachers would ask if they all wanted to sing a song and Conner would yell, "Yay" and run around clapping- he followed with the same response for everything they asked (Do you want to pray, learn about the Holy Ghost, etc.) I don't know if any of you have heard him say Amen at the end of a prayer- lets just say it's extremely loud and deliberate.
I guess he also made his way over to the snack tables and sat down while everyone was still playing and he clicked his tongue...which means he wanted to eat. When they finally ate, he kept doing the sign for "more" and saying "more". They weren't sure what he was doing but they thought it was cute.
It is heartwarming to me to know that he is a pleasure and not a terror. I know, I know; he still has time to become a terror- heaven forbid.

2 Calling Birds:

sharon said...

How can someone not like Conner?!!!

peacekeeper said...

I LOVE THE MORE THING. A CHILD AFTER MY OWN HEART...JUST ASK MY MOM. NURSERY IS AWESOME. MILES JUST HAS A FEW MORE MONTHS AND THEN HE IS IN WITH HIS BIG BRO AND I WILL THROW A PARTY!!!