Monday, February 18, 2008

Wild Animal Park


Conner got his first taste of live animals today at the Wild Animal Park down in San Diego. Josh took the day off and we all went with Rae, Toby, Owen, Sydney, Lauren, and Holt. I think the coolest thing for us was going on the Safari Ride-which drives you around the major exhibits with a quide who explains a lot about the animals and the park. Conner didn't really care much about this part. He walked all over the enclosed tram (for 30 minutes) and climbed up and down on the seats. We hoofed it around to the elephants, gorillas, and condors. The elephants were Conner's absolute favorite of the park. He kept making elephant noises and pointing and saying WOW! Josh loved the Cheetahs and the Rhino. I thought the lions and the lion cubs were really amazing.
Conner did not take a nap the whole time we were there (from 10am until 4:30pm-he woke up at 7am) but slept all the way back to the OC- where we stopped at Chili's to eat. He was a monster because he was SO hungry. He would cry at the drop of a hat and I had to take him outside to walk around. Josh took over for a while until our food came- then it was smooth sailing and he was content eating tortillas and beans. After that he was koo koo happy!! Hyper spazz!! (Over tired). We got him to bed about 45 minutes ago and he hasn't made a peep.

We forgot our camera...so I will post pictures once Raechal gives me access to hers...

Oh yeah- as for us old people...we are a little tired to say the least. I can tell you I am gonna have sore hips tonight trying to sleep and Josh's back is a little tight. Man that place is hilly!! I think it was harder for me going down the hills (from being pregnant) than going up. Anyways, I was stoked to get so much exercise despite the pain!! I am trying to keep THIS baby under 10 pounds!! Do you think the Paradise Pie (brownie with ice cream and chocolate sauce) that I got "to go" from Chili's will help me in this plight? HA!!
What another fabulous day!!

4 Calling Birds:

Raechal said...

look how fast you posted about our trip! my gosh! I am just now recovering....our house is a mess and we're all so tired! But it was a very fun day!

Toby said...

You forgot to mention the pound of cotton candy connor ate at the park. Then right after that he ran around in circles for 30 minutes straight at the Condor Exhibit. I think I would have been tired and hungry too. We all had a really fun day too. Thanks for coming with us!

peacekeeper said...

glad you guys had so much fun. hope you are not too sore today. miss you all

sharon said...

Wish I could have gone, I love that place. Its been a long time since we went. I'm so glad all of you had a good time. That's a great family trip, educational and lots of fun.