Saturday, March 1, 2008

Women's Conference

We had Women's Conference today. It was very fulfilling for me. I always learn so much yet I know there is still so much to learn. I am so far away from where I want to be when it comes to a lot of things within the church. A lot of these concepts are totally new to me. Like prayer- if you can imagine that. I don't ever remember praying before I joined the church (nearly 30 years of my life). Although I do remember going to church when I was little. Sometimes I forget that prayer is one of the tools I can fall back on for anything...or that I should just be doing it always for any reason at all. Those of you who grew up in the church slip into these concepts with ease and I look up to you and try to live by your examples. I am grateful to all my friends and family who remind me daily of the things I should be doing and the things I should be thankful for. You have all turned my life around and I am so happy to know that you will always be there for me.

3 Calling Birds:

Cindy said...

It was amazing wasn't it? But YOU are amazing as well! Even us 'born into the churchers' need to constantly be reminded about prayer too. I've been nesting lately too, but I'm not pregnant...what can it be????? I call it my 'clean and purge'. Keep us posted on the baby!

Love You--

Sunny said...

Oh, how I look up to you! And I agree, we all need those little reminders. Most often, it is those of us who were "born in the church" that need it the most. I'm so glad I went too.

peacekeeper said...

sounds very uplifting. you are amazing and such an example. i just love you to pieces.