The other morning I was feeling quite energetic and spontaneously decided to thrill my husband with Quiche Lorraine for breakfast. I loaded up the kids after feeding them breakfast, getting them ready, potty, getting me ready, potty, packing necessities and off we went to the local chicken farm for some fresh eggs! Did you know there's a chicken farm not 10 miles east of us? You get to pluck your own eggs from under their bums too! Conner loved it.
Anyways, after plucking eggs, potty breaks, snack breaks, and bottle feeding we drove home to start Josh's feast.
I've placed the recipe below. I know it makes a lot- but Josh can eat almost two quiches at one sitting and we planned on eating them for leftovers all week.
Quiche Lorraine
Ingredients:
5 pounds bacon
1 big or 2 medium onions, minced
1 pint whipping cream
1 block Swiss cheese, shredded
6 to 10 eggs
1 Tablespoon dry mustard
1 Tablespoon ginger, ground
1 Tablespoon nutmeg
5 to 6 drops Tabasco pepper sauce to taste (or salt and pepper)
4 to 5 pie shells
butter
Fry and drain the bacon well (with lots of paper towels). Crush/crumble the bacon. Sauté the onion in butter until the center is clear and the edges start to brown. Drain well in a strainer lined with paper towels. In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream, nutmeg, ginger, dry mustard, and Tabasco. Add and whip in the eggs, onion (cooled), bacon (cooled), and cheese. Pour into pie shells and bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F. Serve with champagne, a light Riesling, or orange juice.
Note: Credit for this recipe goes to Al Masson, Deceased, who ran one of the finest restaurants in New Orleans.
You found this recipe on 1st Traveler's Choice Internet Cookbook. (http://www.virtualcities.com/)
Ingredients:
5 pounds bacon
1 big or 2 medium onions, minced
1 pint whipping cream
1 block Swiss cheese, shredded
6 to 10 eggs
1 Tablespoon dry mustard
1 Tablespoon ginger, ground
1 Tablespoon nutmeg
5 to 6 drops Tabasco pepper sauce to taste (or salt and pepper)
4 to 5 pie shells
butter
Fry and drain the bacon well (with lots of paper towels). Crush/crumble the bacon. Sauté the onion in butter until the center is clear and the edges start to brown. Drain well in a strainer lined with paper towels. In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream, nutmeg, ginger, dry mustard, and Tabasco. Add and whip in the eggs, onion (cooled), bacon (cooled), and cheese. Pour into pie shells and bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F. Serve with champagne, a light Riesling, or orange juice.
Note: Credit for this recipe goes to Al Masson, Deceased, who ran one of the finest restaurants in New Orleans.
You found this recipe on 1st Traveler's Choice Internet Cookbook. (http://www.virtualcities.com/)
Wow, the recipe was a little intense, but totally worth it. And, as I had hoped, Josh gorged himself on two whole quiches and ended up sleeping the whole rest of the day. I love it when he gets a chance to catch up on his sleep.
Did I mention I have some land on the moon for sale?
There's no chicken farm and I did not make this quiche for an overgrown lazy husband!! Although, he thinks the recipe sounds yummy and wants me to make it for real. Maybe I will (cut in at least half though) someday, soon, when I don't have kids and toys to play with, Disneyland, Jump Shout, park, family, friends, choir, laundry, bathrooms, diapers, feedings, dishes...






3 Calling Birds:
You are AMAZING! You do such great stuff for your family. And I had no idea there was a chicken farm nearby. I'll have to get more info from you on that.
ha ha ha!! I was totally believing you there. And josh scarfing down those quiches, not totally unbelievable. Has he told you about the green burrito? It does sound yummy though. Maybe for conference in April?!
Ha! You got me so excited about the chicken farm... I actually looked into it once and the closest I could find was out in Riverside or something. You're funny.
The word verification for this comment is "ovisms" which seems funny since we're talking about eggs... isn't ov- the root for egg stuff? Like ovum?
Post a Comment