Saturday, November 22, 2008

This is the Pumpkin Dessert to Beat all Pumpkin Desserts!

No joke. This recipe is yum! I made it Thursday night and it was all gone on Friday. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures while making it and of the finished product (I'm having a hard time remembering and thinking lately, hmmmm). This would entice you soooo much more if it had real darn pictures. You'll just have to trust me. This picture over here (that I googled) is almost what it looks like. I've heard of this recipe using yellow cake mix. Pooh Pooh on them- this is way better!

Make it like this!

1 2/3 c. evaporated milk (the regular size can)
1/4 t. ground cloves
2 eggs
16 oz can pumpkin (this is what the recipe says- but I could only find 15 oz)
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger

Mix above listed ingredients together, mixture will be very runny. Pour into greased 9x13 pan.

1 box Spice Cake mix (these are a b%@*# to find so good luck, I had no luck at Ralphs or Target and decided to borrow one from Rae rather than drag my kids all over to find one)
2 cubes butter, melted

Sprinkle Spice cake mix evenly over the top of pumpkin mixture. Pour melted butter over as evenly as possible to moisten cake mix. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. The pumpkin part should look like pumpkin pie. Not runny, but not too firm. Best served warm with whipped cream (make the real kind so you can't taste the plastic container in the Cool Whip brand). I ate it cold the next day too. But I have problems.
Enjoy, enjoy! Oh, you will enjoy!!!!

Thanks to Lindsey for this great recipe and the permission to spread it all over the world.

7 Calling Birds:

Lorie said...

Oh! This sounds YUMMY! I have to take a pie for Thanksgiving...maybe I will take this instead!!!

Lindsey and Ben said...

Rachel you can always get Spice Cake Mixes (year round) at Albertson's. They are the only store that I know that carrys them year round! I love this dessert and can't wait for Thursday to make it!

Sarah said...

I can attest that this dessert is delicious! I can't wait to try to make it!

Sunny said...

This was so so yummy. Thanks for the treat, Rach!

Tonya said...

That was so tasty! I am keeping this recipe on hand for sure.

Raechal said...

I tried the yellow cake version tonight at a baby shower. No where near as good. Seriously. I am already looking forward to next fall! mmmmmm!

Erin said...

Thanks for posting the recipe, Rachel! It was sooo delicious for sure. I think I'll make some this weekend.