Monday, November 3, 2008

My Parents and My Kid's Grandparents



My lovely parents live far far away in a barren cold tundra where its people wear Green and Gold year round, Miller Lite is the beer of choice, and darts are a competitive sport. We rarely get to see them, maybe once a year- but more now that we have kids.
We all made a collective attempt at a family vacation this past summer with both my parents and Josh's. Paradise was under our feet for 10 days as we soaked up the Hawaiian spirit and weather. We rented a divine house on the North Shore of Oahu at Kawela Bay and really absorbed the local vibe.
This vacation provided my parents with ample time to smoosh and squoosh on their grandkids, and they tirelessly sacrificed their sanity to take turns loving and caring for Wyatt and Conner.





















There was a time when these sweet souls had no idea what I was up to. For years, I was a mystery and would only sneak back for a Christmas here and there.
As fate and choice would have it, I grabbed on to reality with both hands and swung myself into life with some real zest and foundation. Along with marrying a fabulously gorgeous and intelligent man, I popped out two kids and now they HAVE to visit!

Grandma worked really hard to get this wind shade just right for the boys.


Discovering my family relationship again has obviously brought us closer together and even though we're miles and miles apart we know each other well. My step dad (who I consider my real dad) even calls me or Josh for no reason at all every now and then.



















They both truly relish in my happiness, and I, in theirs.





















Thanks Bapas and Nya Nya for never letting go of me.




4 Calling Birds:

Cortney said...

A couple of thoughts:
A)Your parents are adorable!
B)Where did all your delicious dark skin come from?
C)Why did I just notice that both you and Josh have the cutest dimples ever?!?

ashley said...

when were you out here? looks like you guys did it all!
good times!

Raechal said...

aww. rach that is seriously the sweetest post about your parents! Can't wait to see them at christmas!

Sarah said...

Your parents are so cute! I'm sure that your boys love all of the attention whenever they're around. I'm with Cortney- I never noticed your and Josh's dimples before! They're so cute!!!