I've been working on this ghostie since a few days after Halloween. Not that it takes that long to do...quick tutorial below.
I ran out of time to make him before Halloween but wanted to get him done because I didn't think the liquid starch would store until next year. Bought some cheesecloth (by the yard- about 2 yrds) and Stiffen Quik (go ahead, think dirty thoughts) from JoAnne's.
Martha said to use a finished paper towel roll but I decided to use the whole thing (for more support). Crumpled up tin foil for a head and made some arms (make sure to recycle the tinfoil afterwards). Oh yeah, I added tinfoil hills on the bottom so the cheesecloth would flip up and look floaty. Covered it all with saran wrap then draped the strips (don't remember my measurements- just cut strips you think will look good)over the mold. Spray with liquid starch and let dry. Repeat until hard- I used the whole bottle and plan on painting on a layer of diluted Elmer's glue for extra strength.
You can leave the cute little guy like this or string him up from the center of his head and hang him somewhere. Cute huh!
{ Upcycled Doll Aprons }
11 years ago





0 Calling Birds:
Post a Comment