Friday, October 31, 2008

October 31st Captured and Released!!!!

I was wrong about Munchie. He's actually getting both upper teeth - just one quicker than the other AND he's getting another on the bottom right next to his 2 existing Sweet Pea teeth (OK- Sweet Pea's are on the top but who's counting?).
You can completely grasp the severity of his chubs from the above picture. Check out those wrists! Even his toes are chubby. Don't worry, I'm not. Oh, I'm also not worried that his hair is really light. It will be so cool to see what he turns out to look like for real. 'Cause right now it's just for fake ya know.
Josh was worried that Wyatt wouldn't walk as early as Conner (end of 8 months) - something to do with skills and such...Josh is way too competitive. Anyways, I digress, Wyatt is pulling himself up on different objects. Like flimsy coconut frond diaper bags that topple over with the slightest pressure...Look out Wyatt!


Later this same day, we finally made it out to Trick or Treat. But I forgot to mention that Raechal, Toby and I spent 4 hours carving pumpkins. I only got through one because I kept having to take care of my darn kids...Ha Ha. Ok- I didn't HAVE to, I wanted to; but again, I digress. We carved pumpkins with the theme of Kung Fu Panda. I carved Monkey. Not my best work. You should see last years (I think I did Dumbledore and Voldemort). We went home for naps then headed back to Bapas for some Trick or Treating. Josh made it down to the end of the culdesac but then I sent him home (more on that later).

Wo Wos went as himself because it was to dang hot (high 70's at 8PM) to dress him up in the furry Teddy Bear costume we borrowed for him. I want to see what he'll look like in it so I will just take some pictures of him at the house later. He was zoning out and kind of amazed by all the craziness in the neighborhood.
Bapas house is in a pretty nice neighborhood so people drive in from who knows where to get the good candy! On his street alone there were 3 1/2 haunted houses and everyone decorates to the nines. The 1/2 is for this one house that decorates their walk all crazy and you have to gingerly sneak up it to retrieve candy from the madman behind a table full of guts and beakers and flashing lights.

Conner was off like a flash and we left his cousins and friends in the dust! He seriously was on a mission. Scary costumes and moving decorations didn't even stop his flow. He did, however, make lots of efforts at scaring other people. He would make big stomps and scratchily "RAARGH" at people- little people, big people, he didn't discriminate.






I think he was mistaken for a girl more than once...it must have been the braids.
He's getting so vocal. He told everyone "Kenk- oo mon" I think he is saying "Thank you man" even to the ladies. I don't know where he got this. He said, "shish o she" for trick or treat.
I turned him around after three short streets because I could tell he was getting hot and the purple pumpkin looked like it was getting heavy- but he wouldn't let me hold it or take any candy out to make it lighter.
Not once did he try to take his hat off. So, by the end he was pretty sweaty and hot and he started saying "Yay-Yos" and "Oh Hah-eee" (making an Oh this is heavy noise-like when you lift a heavy box). I picked him up 2 houses away from Bapas and carried him home for some water.
Then he pooped in his underwear and I gave him a bath- how's that for an ending? Ha Ha. Oh yeah, he played around with his cousins and Luke until we took him home and got him to bed at 11:30. He zonked out in the car today without any lunch and he's still sleeping now(over 3 hours so far).













That's MY pile!!
My love for chocolate comes in handy sometimes.
Two piles. One that Conner can have (on the left) and the other that has milk or eggs or no ingredients lists and we're not 100% sure on.

Josh was in despair when he saw that I'd posted this picture I snuck of him last night. He just knew people would think he'd converted to Islam (good guess Toby!)
This is what becomes of Josh when he turns up the heat at basketball. One little twist the wrong way and he's out of commission for weeks. He's been to see Dr. Clay 6 times in the last 4 days. He was in so much pain just walking down the street that I sent him home early from Trick or Treating. Poor Guy is walking like an old man...get better soon Taco John!!

1 Calling Birds:

Toby said...

I'm glad to see that Josh prays 3 times a day facing east, even when is back isn't feeling so good.