I have to admit that I actually watched Oprah the other day...the Coupon Mom was one of her guests. She and her web site gave me that extra nudge to really make an effort at saving money in the grogery shopping department. I took her advice and scoured all the grogery adds that came to my house. I went shopping to 4 different grogery stores and only purchased the lowest priced items (compared to other stores and within each store)...and used coupons from the paper and the web site. At Ralphs alone, I saved $42.42 by just buying sale items. Get this, I shopped ONLINE at Vons (the 5th store) and had them DELIVER my grogeries for FREE (first time special)!
Yeah, its tough to do with two kids, but I had help at a couple of the stores from my sweet hubby and since you have quick short lists for each place its not too bad. I think its totally worth it. I remember my mom doing it when I was little. Have I talked myself into it enough????





3 Calling Birds:
That's awesome! I need to start.
I saw the same episode! I've been trying ever since to get 50% off my bill. So far I hit 34%. Check out shortcuts.com too - you can link online coupons to your Ralphs card and then you just swipe it and all the coupons come off - no clipping! I thought it was pretty cool. Good luck!
I so should start doing this. I usually just buy what's on sale, but coupons would save me a lot more money. Thanks for the inspiration!
Post a Comment