Elder Eyring asked us to reflect and record daily how the hand of God has touched us. I need to convey to you how he blessed me in a huge way on October 2nd.
I was driving on the 405 Freeway in stop and go traffic (without Conner). Traffic was briefly up to speed and then suddenly stopped. I stopped and then looked in my mirror to see the guy behind me coming very fast. I thought, "this guy is gonna hit me". Sure enough, he rearended me so hard that it put my truck into a spin that almost flipped it (accoding to a witness). The truck spun, hit the center divide, and spun a tad bit more until it came to a stop facing traffic in the carpool lane. My head reared back on impact and hit the rear facing baby seat behind me, cutting my head open. My arms shot up in the shape of an L and my hands were crinkled up like a witch's. As I was spinning around, I couldn't lower or feel my arms. All I could think was that I was paralyzed and wouldn't be able to take care of Conner and Josh. Finally, when the truck came to a stop, I sat there freaked out and after about 10 seconds, my arms started to lower on their own and they and my feet began to tingle. I wiggled my fingers and toes and leaned my head on the steering wheel in relief, taking huge breaths and blowing out slowly. Holy Moly! I was ok! I could see a man in my side mirror walking up and he was on the phone so I assumed he was calling the police and I was relieved that I didn't have to. The gentleman opened my door and asked if I was ok. He made it clear to the dispatch that he was an off duty police officer. He relayed all the accident info for me (as the primary witness) and I told him I was pregnant and having slight cramping and head pain. The firemen and paramedics came...the firemen were SOOOO nice and helpful. They put me in a neck brace, on a gurney, and into the ambulance to the hospital.
A couple stitches and baby heart rate monitoring hours later I was out of the hospital and in the sweet arms of my husband who cancelled all his appointments to stay home with me.
Man, it makes me super emotional just to think about the details again...but as you can see, God was with me that day in so many ways. He had no plans to put me out of commission...I have a family to take care of!!!!
I love you all and I hope that you can ponder the ways in which God blesses you each day!!
{ Upcycled Doll Aprons }
11 years ago





4 Calling Birds:
Rachel! I didn't know you had a blog! I found you on Sunny's. That is SO scary, I had no idea you were in that accident. I'm so glad you and the baby are okay. Makes you so grateful for the protective hands watching over you, huh?
Once again i will tell you how glad we are that you are okay and that baby is thriving. we cant wait til the 12th. we love you and miss you and the gang that calls you mom. :)
Yeah for your blog! I loved how you phrased the events of this day! You are right there is a definite plan for you!!!! Love ya tons!
How scary- I had no idea that you were in an accident. I'm glad that you and the baby are OK. Heavenly Father was obviously looking out for you and your family.
Post a Comment