Friday, December 19, 2008

Miss Me?

Santa's been hangin' out at our pad and we're lucky the old man does business with Lowe's 'cause when our junky old wave went dead, he sent us there to pick up this beaut.


"Cheese!" Literally.

Yes Virginia, those little black things are ants. Are you joking? Can I get a break here? I have sprayed the crap out of my whole house, I even had a professional come over (who sprayed some more). I come home today to this- thanks to sticky hand prints on the wall. And... to a conga line leading under the couch where someone misplaced a piece of their tortilla. Aaaand... another conga line hip thrusting their way to a sticky spot on my kitchen rug. Geez!! Go away nasty things, go away!!! This time I put down traps and let them dance. Hopefully they'll take the poison back to their lair and kill the others. DIE!

I am a handywoman at heart, so I hung this handy dandy caddy and grocery bag holder in my closet a couple days ago. But, not before Conner used it for a car garage. I chose this picture because it shows the now greening bruise on his forehead that he got from smashing into the bathroom cabinets.









You know, it's Christmas time. I hope you all are taking time to enjoy yourselves and not running yourselves ragged with too much to do. Too much baking, shopping, decorating, cleaning...
How 'bout you put the kids to bed, turn off the lights, turn off the TV, and just sit and stare at a Christmas tree full of lights. Maybe drink some warmed up eggnog. Maybe read some scriptures. Maybe chit chat. Maybe smooch.
Just a thought...








3 Calling Birds:

Robyn said...

Ew..I hate ants! I will not sleep until every ant in my house is dead. Hope they leave soon. It's probably cuz of the rain.

I love your new microwave oven! Merry Christmas to you! And I love Hickory Farms hard salami. I can't buy it or I will eat it all. I love the flavor.

Tyler Owens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler Owens said...

did the baits work? sorry they came back, hard to treat unless you can find the trail and find the colony. :(