It's hard to be angry with the little stinker when he's just so cute! He can't resist the beads on the tree so the bottom layer always looks a little disheveled. He just shakes 'em and chews on 'em...and I usually let him do it for a bit...'cause it makes him happy which in turn makes me happy. I'm so selfish.
Please ignore the ugly nasty looking blinds in the back...I haven't changed the window treatments since we bought the place...
Anyways, look at our tree. It's skinny like a chicken! I was a lot bummed about that and I told Josh he wasn't getting away so easy next year. Since we went so early to get a tree, they all still had ropes around them and it was a pain to open each one to pick them out. I was just glad Josh was with us, I didn't want to make it any harder for him. So, I settled on the second tree we opened. ...not next year!!!
I put tinsel on the tree but it looked silly to me this year. Weird, 'cause I've always LOVED tinsel. I took it off and now I think it looks so cute and old fashioned-ee with the beading.
Conner helped with the ornaments and chose to bunch some of the little birdies together. Why had I never thought of this??? It looks adorable.
I added some snowflakes and candles to the greenery on the mantel. Gorgeous.
I'm not going to make it to church this Sunday-I'm sure you understand. Although, if I was going, I would have to bear my testimony. Losing this pregnancy has been extremely difficult for Josh and I...as it has for many of you in your pasts. We are comforted by the knowledge that this happened for a reason and was part of one of God's many plans. He meant for this to happen and, so, his will be done. I have a strong testimony of his plan and of the strength and love that our church provides to all its members. Many people came forward as a part of their calling to help us- what great service the church provides for people in a time of need. Many others came forward as loving friends to share comforting words or offer their time to help or make things easier for us. I was especially impressed by the testimonies that these friends have and the strength of their testimonies has increased my own.
So, please, to all of you, we love you and are humbly grateful for all that you've done for us.





9 Calling Birds:
WE LOVE YOU! Your tree and home look so merry and bright. those boys are sure lucky to have such a festive mom. you make my testimony stronger. i love you and miss you. my thoughts are with you.
I second Jessica's comments! You really are such an inspiration to both me and Scott! We love you all and miss you tons. You have been in our prayers! We will be seeing you soon only 1 week!
Love the garland. My offer is still on the table! We are thinking about y'all.
Your such a strong woman and inspiration to me - wish I could be there to give you a hug! Brandon wanted you to know he felt sad too... especially because he is trying to kick the pants off Josh's fball team this week. Much LOVE and hope to see you at the end of the month!
I loved your post about the sound of wind through the pines. I totally know what you are talking about!
Your tree looks great! I know this has been a rough week, and I appreciate your testimony. You have such a beautiful spirit.
Love love love you!
Hope you are doing a bit better each day. You guys are so strong.
Love you so much! I miss hanging out with you and Josh. You both crack me up and are soooo fun to be around! I wish you the best with your health and everything! Call me sometime so we can hang out, since Sing Noel will be over this weekend----yippeee!
You are great at decorating! I am sure that it brings a wonderful spirit into your home. I am sorry about your loss. I had a terrible time when I had a miscarriage even though I was not very far along. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Post a Comment