Sunday, October 4, 2009

Random Redone

I finally got around to building this planter for the raspberries my aunt sent home with me from Idaho. It's a lot of work to go get the boards (and have them cut), put them together, buy the different composts, vermiculite, and peat moss to make the dirt (recommended in the book Square Foot Gardening), then mix it, then plant. I made two other planters and used Conner's plastic pool as a planter too. I've been working on this project for over a month now. I finally got it all done today (pictures to follow). I planted beets, tomatoes, basil, rosemary, chives, and raspberries. If this test run works, I will build and plant more in the spring.



Nonners started "Joy School" a couple of weeks ago. Its just once a week for a few hours but he LOVES it. We are working on alphabet letters...he has already learned about apples, bubbles, and bats. When my week rolls around we will be learning about dogs. I was a little apprehensive about taking on the responsibility of other kids (especially while so pregnant)...but I'm glad I did it because Conner has a lot of fun (and is hopefully learning a lot).

Conner built this train track all by himself...which was awesome 'cause usually he asks me for help...but I turned around and there it was in all its glory.





My little WoWos.

1 Calling Birds:

shelby said...

the picture on conners first day of joy school where hes on the front porch...he looks like such a ham! haha