Monday, October 19, 2009

Bend

Josh is in Bend, Oregon. Taking advantage of business. Working his tail off. He said he had a 23 hour day the other day. But if you know Josh, you know he exaggerates- so I'd make it a 20 hour day. Not like that makes it much different. He's a working machine. We all miss him. Conner called him yesterday just to tell him there was a spider in the house and he needed to come home and kill it.
Victoria- I know without a doubt that your pancakes and sausage would be WAY better than IHOP's. Do you make boysenberry syrup too?
Conner hasn't been diagnosed with asthma but he had bronchiolitis as a baby which makes him more susceptible to lung issues when he gets a cold -plus Josh has asthma which increases his chances of getting it- so we are always on the lookout. This recent cold went straight to his lungs and they sounded locked up. He was breathing super shallow, wheezing, complaining that he felt sleepy, and had huge dark circles under his eyes. So, I knew I needed to pull out the Nebulizer and medicine he's been given by his allergist. I only go to it as a last option because it's side effects are gnarly.

1 Calling Birds:

Victoria said...

How about pancakes for dinner at the McD's tomorrow night... are you down with that? You tell me what time you eat, and we will be ready:) You can bring the OJ. I grew up near Bend, Oregon. My family still lives in Medford. I am hoping to make it up there for Thanksgiving...

Here is the thing about the darned albuterol... eventually they get used to it, so that even though his heart will still race, he won't act so hyper. He will just be grateful to be able to breathe more freely. I hated that so, so much. Dillon had RSV as a one-year-old, and after that for about two years, we would end up admitted to the hospital about every few months or so, especially during the winter, since any little fever or cold would turn into full-blown asthma. I hate chest retractions, I hate the dark circles, and that cough is enough to make my heart race! Do the medicine, though... it is worth it!

Let me know about dinner tomorrow:) Call me 290-6580