Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley


As a very recent convert to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I have only known one Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. Here he is with his adorable wife Marjorie. This is how I will always picture the two of them. At the same time as sadness tightens my throat, joy spreads through me with the knowledge that these two will now be together in the presence of Heavenly Father, Jesus, and all those who have built this church.
I love that I was able to have such a wonderful man as my prophet. I will never forget his voice. I will learn from his words of love and intellect for many years to come. I will miss him dearly.

3 Calling Birds:

sharon said...

I hear you Rachel...I too am sad but happy too. I will truly miss hearing his voice. I still have much to learn. It will be interesting when we get a new prophet how quickly we will love him too.

Lindsey and Ben said...

I must say to you Rachel that he is the only prophet that I really remember in my lifetime. He has the been the prophet since I was 15 years old and the other prophets before him where just to sick! It is sad yet so happy! I totally agree with you!

peacekeeper said...

i am so excited for him to be with his sweet wife once again. i remember seeing him with her and thinking that i hoped my husband would look at me with that much love in his eyes. that was before i had even met andrew. he has missed her terribly and is probably so happy to be back with her. i will miss him but look forward to see what and who the new prophet will be and be known for.