Friday, January 9, 2009

Another Doctor Day


Remember how Conner was being treated for Asthmatic Bronchitis? Well, he caught a cold yesterday and today was wheezing SO bad. I'm talking squeaky wheel wheezing. So, off to the allergist we went...to be prescribed 3 different meds...and to be seen again in 5 days. The doc asked me how long he'd been like that because he said he was really laboring to breath...I'm not negligent here mister...he only caught the cold yesterday!
Anywho...he had another breathing treatment at the office- between both kids screaming and crying the whole 7 minutes I'm sure they couldn't wait to see us go. He wasn't hyper afterwards this time...he got on my lap (along with WoWos) and held on to me. After leaving, I got him some reward fries from McDonald's (don't worry, it's not a trend- I was just hungry too) and he fell asleep in the car on the way home. I can only imagine what those treatments make his body feel like because I CAN tell you that I feel a little loopy afterwards just from the residual mist escaping the mask's holes. Poor kid.
As you can see in the picture, he does a lot better with the treatments at home in front of his current favorite movie (Home Alone- he calls it "Guys" after the two guys that want to "get him" (Macauly Culkin)). Josh is awfully serious here...he's trying to convey that this is hurting us way more than it's hurting Conner. Or maybe he just looks pissed because we spent over $200 on the meds alone...

3 Calling Birds:

Raechal said...

Poor guy :(

Ashley said...

Oh no! No fun! Poor guy I know what those breathing treatments can make you feel like! But a note of encouragement for me when I was younger they really worked.

Victoria said...

I gave myself one of those breathing treatments once, to see what it was like for my 2-year-old. My heart was racing so bad for about two hours that I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Now that he is 15, he occasionally has a breathing treatment, when he gets sick and the inhaler isn't enough. Afterward he paces for about an hour, bad enough to wear out the carpet. But they really do help them breathe.