Hey, first a giant shout out to
Victoria! I tried her suggestion first....and voila...here I am with pictures again. Also, thank you to Jeggie and Cortney whose ideas were waiting in the wings.
And, another giant shout out to my pops. The miracle cinnamon roll maker. Together, we made some bread dough from a recipe we got from Jamie (Conner safe- no eggs, no milk- and makes a ton so you can freeze the dough for later) then used that to make Cinnamon Rolls for Conner. Then Bill made some "regular" bread dough for enough Cinnamon rolls to feed the 16 people we celebrated Christmas with (that's why Grandpa O's upstairs lo
oked like this).
Before I go, I must say that this new big boy bed thing isn't working out so great. That dang child will NOT stay in it! I don't give him any chances any more. He goes straight into the crib if he gets out...but that is just not getting through to him and now he's starting to cry hysterically for longer and longer periods of time. Last night he was awake from 11;30 until 2:00- up down, in out, crying, rocking, banging, jumping. I thought I'd try locking him in today for his nap. He's been up there for 35 minutes and I can still hear him banging on the door with his kinkies (but he's not crying this time- which is good). Suggestions?





1 Calling Birds:
Unfortunately you can't MAKE him sleep. Unless you're cool with dosing him with Dimetap all the time :) Hey, don't knock it 'til you try it!! just kidding.
My advice, if you still really value "nap time"....
Make his room totally safe. Give him a favorite toy, "bay bay" or a book and lock him in. Same routine every day. Tell him he needs "a rest" and you'll be back to get him out in a little while. Somedays he'll nap and other days he probably won't. But do keep in mind at some point nap time will end....I know, I know, totally not fair!!
Post a Comment