Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Last Couple of Nights on the Ship

This is the last Formal Dinner we had on the ship. Josh didn't wear his suit this time but I got a chance to wear the dress I got in Puerto Rico and the necklace I got in St. Thomas. Fun. We had dinner...can't remember what I had...just assume that I probably ordered an appetizer (or two), an entree(or two), and a couple of desserts. I pigged out this whole trip and ended up feeling super bloated (I think from the preservatives they put in the food...or maybe just because I ate WAY more than I should have).
After dinner we sat briefly to watch an Asian band covering the hits. From Charlie Daniels to the Charleston...they did it all. The guy singing had a MAJOR accent and you couldn't hardly understand the words but he sounded amazing and played the fiddle pretty well too. Then we scooted over to the Rio Lounge for a little Karaoke.
Clay, Clay, Clay. What can I say about Clay. He's got cajones. And despite his pitch problem, he "performed" pretty well- I mean look at his enthusiasm. Ha Ha.
I, on the other hand, was so nervous that my voice shook and quivered as I squeaked out my first song. After Clays second appearance, I figured I'd take another shot at it with a little diddy by JT. Cry Me a River was a big hit...with my husband. He sat right up front and sang with me...so sweet.






















Hitting the hot tubs (and eating ice cream) at night was a big thing for us. It was kind of the topper to the night. We didn't make it up very late on most nights. One night we stayed up to watch a movie on the huge screen above the pools outside on the upper decks. Another night we made it to the dance club...but we were there too early...at 11:30 at night if you can believe it. We heard the place didn't get started until 1AM! Whatever!! We can't hang anymore...not that that's a bad thing. At least WE were fairly refreshed in the morning.














The last dinner on the ship. Got a picture of our waiters/servers who made our dinners enjoyable. They danced and sang for us several times. We learned a little about each one which was really interesting. First guy: Indonesia, works 7 months out of the year on the same ship, goes home for other months, makes $42.00/month (we figured this doesn't include tips...which evens it up to a more average wage). Name:Patriottomo (I think)
Other guy(on right):David, don't think he spoke English, was very sweet, and hardworking, smiley.




And, as our (not pictured) Maitre de would say "Bon Appetite". Except you have to say it like he did...
Boooooone (long O) Apa-teeeeeeeet!






1 Calling Birds:

Sarah said...

Nice tan! Looks like so much fun- Jon and I definitely need to go on a cruise. Glad you had a great time.