Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Eve



How basic can you get with grilled cheese and tomato soup? Conner STILL doesn't like it. Grrrrrrr. Maybe it's cuz its that dang Vegan cheese that doesn't taste quite right...but how does HE know that?
I'm SO tired of making new things and him not eating them.
Conner was totally excited to "paint" Easter eggs. He helped me pour the vinegar over the color tabs and he watched them up close as they fizzed and dissolved.

He added an egg to each pot and luckily they dyed super quickly so we didn't have to wait more than a minute to pull them out and do it all over again. I even let him use the little wire hook thingy majigger to retrieve the eggs and return them to their spots in the carton...how brave am I? Ha Ha.












He kept saying he was "so happy" and gave me these big cheesy grins. Hee Hee. He wasn't smiling later when he got hives on his chest and was scratching himself all day (cuz of his egg allergy). Like Raechal said...I guess this shows me that this allergy is still intact. I might have to figure out something else for next Easter.





I figured he could use the dye to paint some pictures...until he started sucking the vinegar water out of the paintbrush and saying "me yike sigha" (me like sour). Then we were done with that and I just broke out the regular paints for him.



















Here's the baskets I made for him and WoWos the night before. Grandparents W sent most of these goodies and I threw in a few things (notice Kung Fu Panda and the egg laying chicken...and stickers).


This is Easter morning and Conner found his basket right away. He meticulously went through it and studied each item individually.






















Wyatt liked his basket too...but it sat waiting up high on a counter all day (away from Conner) until I remembered it. Then Conner helped him go through it anyways.

0 Calling Birds: