Saturday, April 26, 2008

Adventures with two

Conner will only eat corn if it is on the cob. Notice the green beans left untouched on his plate as well.

As you can see, Conner's shiner is on it's way to getting better. One of his cousins pushed him off a chair and we think he hit his eye on the computer.
Also, do you notice the fork in his tongue? It's cuz he's tongue tied.

Conner is holding Josh's old cabbage patch doll.
Yes, you heard me right, I did say JOSH'S doll.

Conner loves to lay down next to his brother every chance he can get.

I went to Old Navy today to get a post pregnancy swimsuit to wear at Gram and Gramps pool. First, I forgot to take the double stroller and remembered only about a block away from the house but decided I could "cart it" with the two just as easy.
When we got to the store I made the mistake of putting Conner in the basket part and then realized that the front part of the cart was way too skinny to accommodate a baby seat. I had to pull a screaming Conner out of the back and force his legs into the holes. I preoccupied him with some red patten leather shoes...
I chose about 8 different suits - varying in sizes and colors. Seriously? I was so laughing so hard in the fitting room. Most of the suits are made for really skinny people with slightly smaller boobs than mine. All I could do was laugh and try to be optimistic about a future "more fit" me. Wow has my body changed since I had Wyatt. I thought about a time where I would have been a lot more distressed about the whole thing. Way back when, when I was super young and fit and looked great but didn't think so. I know what I can get myself to look like- and that is not what I saw in the mirror at Old Navy! Jessica, who has lost over 30 pounds since Christmas, and my new swimsuit are great motivation to step it up! Oh yeah, and the trip to Hawaii in August!

4 Calling Birds:

peacekeeper said...

tanner likes the shiner. i laugh along with you on the whole bathingsuit buying experience. i hate it...but it is a necessity for swimming. drew doesnt think so but the rest of the world will appreciate me wearing a bathingsuit instead of my birthday suit :)

Lindsey and Ben said...

You are so funny! Don't be to hard on yourself you just had a baby 5 weeks ago and you look great compared to most! The pictures of the boys are so cute!

Jen Proffit said...

I'm cracking up with the bathing suit episode! That totally sounds like my world....although I get to wear a huge bathingsuit a be fat and pregnant ALL summer!....not to mention hot all the time. Anyways, you'll bounce back before you know it and who cares much anyway, especially when you make dang cute babies!!!!

sharon said...

Rachel... you are a wonderful mother and who knew, especially you, that you would be a mother to two boys! They get the best care from you. Sooner or later you will get back to the pre-preggo body but right now the only thing important is being a mom. Don't be too hard on yourself. We love you just how you are.