Follow the Star warmed our hearts and souls on this chilly windy night.
A yearly tradition, we don coats, blankets, and hats and head outdoors to observe the commemoration of Christ's birth. Live actors take us to a manger far away where Mary and Joseph kneel amongst the livestock, receiving the King of Kings, as a glittering angel sings words of praise above them.
This night, this instant, my mind centers on what I see and I feel the spirit of the Lord soar within me. I thank thee Lord for all the peace and joy thou has brought to my life. I thank thee for the path thou hast given me. I thank thee for thy son.






5 Calling Birds:
I don't even know what to say, except...I'm crying. you said it all so beautifully!
I'm just glad to know you feel the same.
Rach, we went last night, too. Follow the Star is always my favorite thing of the season. The Spirit is so strong. Last night, I was choking back the tears. I wanted to just sob, but I thought everyone around me would have thought I was a bit looney. I always get really emotional when I think of Mary and that night. Probably because two of my kids have been the baby Jesus in Follow the Star. I'm glad you guys were able to go and brave the cold. It was FREEEEEZING last night.
I can see why it would be so emotional...having two of your kids as baby Jesus!!
Wasn't it a wonderful night and a wonderful event to be a part of in general. Its such a quick performance with a giant perspective that helps you to slow down and just be happy.
i agree with Raechal. love you
Post a Comment