Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We Begin Idaho with the Drive


You know how drives go. Long and bum-aching. We made it a two dayer with a night at Jess' in Utah. They treated us to root beer floats! Yum!


The boys watched movie after movie and we did a lot of car seat bottle and food feeding for Emmett.















While Josh did this...I had a lot of time to think and actually enjoy the scenery. This year I stopped worrying about having to get there in a hurry and just drove. I didn't even pay attention to the time -just admired the land and the cities and towns.
I always thought the dry hot flat parts of Idaho sucked. This time I changed my opinion. It wasn't just dry and hot and boring. There were things to look at - farms and irrigated fields in the middle of nowhere, jagged rocks and looming mountains. It was beautiful in it's own way.

I do, however, think that Idaho gets WAY more beautiful after you start going North of Boise. Forest and wildlife and rivers, streams, ponds, and lakes, mountains...I could go on...undisturbed...except by the crying baby...no, he wasn't bad. All the boys did really great actually. Thank Heavens.






0 Calling Birds: