Friday, January 8, 2010

The DL



Past the half moon are toes that need some attention...Josh has promised to polish them before I go in.

So, here's what happened. I was originally due somewhere at the beginning of Feb...had an ultrasound at three months and the doctor changed the date to Jan 15th.

Went in in December and the baby was measuring "normal" so she didn't want to go too early but was willing (at that time) to induce a week early. She was on break from the office over Christmas...which is when the hospital scheduled me for induction on Jan 5th. I called to make sure that was ok (since she told me only one week early). The nurse told me yes it was fine. The doctor called me back two days later (on a Sat) to tell me she wasn't comfy with the date and had changed the induction to the 12th.

Went in yesterday for my "last" appt. The doc told me at the beginning of the appt. that if things didn't look favorable this time she would change the date again...just so I was aware. She didn't want a C-section. Yikes.

She checked me. He's a little lower and I'm at one cm. Enough to break my water on Tue the 12th if needs be!!!!!

We are officially on for the 12th!

I have been trying to keep my mind off it. It's hard. I am trying to keep busy...but I'm so tired and achy. Gram, Shelby, and Raechal took me to dinner last night at Cheesecake factory to keep my mind busy and since the shower had to be postponed. I tried to order the cheesecake that Cortney had the last time I went...but I swear it wasn't on the menu!! So disappointed. Still had fun though. A nice little ladies night out.

What am I gonna do tomorrow and Monday???????

5 Calling Birds:

Megan said...

So exciting! My new nephew is going to be born on the 12th as well. It will be a good day for new baby boys :)

Brandon and Sarah said...

Yay!! I was secretly hoping for tomorrow the 10th because then he'd share Ella's birthday. I don't have any suggestions on how to wait - Im never any good at that. We'll be thinking of you!

indymartin said...

Well good luck!

Cortney said...

ssslleeeeppp!!!!

shawna henrie said...

well...could be worse, you could be leaking amniotic fluid like i was with eden and you go to the er, then they dont even admit you, then you go into labor at 2 in the morning and have to suffer the labor from hell with no drugs because they didnt admit you the night before...ok, i feel much better now. AND remember, baby is easier in than out!! (...so excited for you!)