Monday, August 2, 2010

Stories I Shouldn't Forget

Conner asked me the other day what his "ball" was for as he grasped it to show me. I told him it was for him to help him and his wife have a baby after he gets married in the temple. He said, "I'm going to have a baby in my belly like you did?" I said, "No, your wife will have the baby in her belly. -"Why" he said- "That's what mommies do, have babies. And, daddies go to work to make money so they can have a house for the mommy and daddy and baby." Then he said, "But if I have a house that I live in I won't be with you forever (he said very sadly with a big pouty lip)..." Then we talked about how Heavenly Father has a plan that we can all live together forever but for now we will probably just live down the street from him...like Nya Nya...did you know that Nya Nya is daddy's mommy? And we visit her every Sunday? It will be the exact same thing. He was flabbergasted...
Josh has an analogy regarding our children and here it is.
Conner is a dog. Happy and wanting to please, lively, and excited pretty much most of the time.
Wyatt is a cat. Happy and wanting to please, lively, and excited-only when he wants to be. A little moody. A little cautious. Kind of snubby. Don't get me wrong though. He is FULL of personality. We call him "crazy pants" to be exact.
The verdict is is leaning more towards a dog with Emmett.

1 Calling Birds:

Cindy said...

Oh, yes. Way too cute! Glad you wrote them down.