Friday, July 18, 2008

Kinda Sad

So, I have mostly stopped breastfeeding. :(

Wyatt wasn't gaining weight very well so I decided to supplement. He started denying "the boob" at that point and I could only get him to nurse in the middle of the night when he was too tired to realize what was going on.
So, I'm sad. I know it's a lot easier to bottle feed...I just miss the bonding and I'm bummed I can't give him all the good stuff my milk contains (pumping doesn't work so well for me).
On the other hand- it has made running a lot easier. Not as much boinga boinga going on.

2 Calling Birds:

Cortney said...

I feel your pain. The same thing happened with Roxie. I started supplementing and she liked the bottle better than me. I was devastated. But, it does make the working out much easier!! You are seriously hilarious.

sharon said...

I am sorry that you can't nurse him, but you can still hold him and bond with him. It is truly a joy to hold them and have them hold your finger or look up at you with wonder in their eyes. It goes away so fast you have to cherish each minute.